This Spicy Oyster Recipe is very tasty and quick to cook.You can prepare in 5 mins but will look very imp…
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed and diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 50 g smoked salmon thinly sliced
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 450 ml fish stock or water
- 225 g mixed fresh fish fillets (skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces – cod, haddock, hake or salmon)
- 150 g Carlingford Oysters
- 150 g raw prawns and mussels
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 175 ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- There are many seafood chowder recipes, this is one on Kian and Mary’s favourites especially when its cold outside. It is just so rich and tasty with the infusion of shellfish, fresh and smoked fish. Top tip: The secret of this soup is not to overcook the fish!
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add the butter and once it is foaming, tip in the onion, leek, carrot, potato and smoked salmon. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened and lightly coloured.
- Pour the wine into the pan and allow to bubble down and reduce by half. Add the fish stock or water and bring to a simmer, then add the fresh fish, oysters, prawns and mussels.
- Return the pan to a simmer and add the parsley and cream, then season to taste.
- Cover with a lid and simmer gently for another 2-3 minutes until the fish, oysters and prawns are tender and all of the mussels have opened, discard any that do not.
- Serve the chowder into warmed serving bowls, piling crutons and parsley into the centre of each one. Enjoy!